Class Picture

Class Picture

Monday, November 4, 2013

Volunteer Ideas

     I have heard from many of you that you are interested in volunteering in our classroom.  Volunteering would involve helping either the students directly with a task or helping me with extra preparation.  If you can help in any of these areas below, please email me and I'll send home a volunteer confidentiality form home with your child.
If you are interested in occasionally coming to visit and help, I’d appreciate a 24 hour heads up.  Students are settled into a routine and knowing about a visitor ahead of time helps to maintain the flow of the day.  Younger siblings are asked to stay at home while you volunteer in the classroom.
Throughout the year, we may need extra help with a special project, chaperones for field trips, etc.  I will send home a note or drop you an email letting you know what is needed. I am also open to having you teach us a new skill, song, or activity and will gladly arrange a time that works for both of us. Please email or call to arrange this.


  • Listen to students read from 8:50-9:30
  • Help at recess or lunch from 11:20-12:05
  • Play math games from 10:50-11:20 (Monday, Tuesday)
  • Wash E.C.O. outdoor gear and organize clothing bins when needed.
  • Help on ECO days- Thursdays from approx 9:00-11:15
  • I cannot come in, but can help cut things or prepare materials at home.
  • I can help sanitize and clean the classroom before or after school
  • I can help with copying, cutting, bulletin boards, etc.
  • On occasional Thurs/Friday mornings (TBD) I can help with projects.
  • Check out books from Kellogg Hubbard Library if needed.
  • If you have other ideas, please let me know how best you can help us out.