Class Picture

Class Picture

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Reading Assessments

On Wednesday, the kids will have a substitute again while I take the day to spend time with each student assessing their reading abilities.  Each assessment takes about 30 minutes and will allow me to find out what level they are at.  These assessments will give me information on the students accuracy, fluency, and comprehension and I will be analyzing their reading to see what strategies they are using to solve words.  This will guide me to plan for instruction based on the needs of the student.  After the assessments are completed, the students will be placed in a guided reading group based on their level.  I will work with the students in small groups to provide instruction at their individual level.  At this time, I will also start sending book bags home so the students can share their reading with you.