Class Picture

Class Picture

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I have a dream...

We did not have time on Friday because of NAP to talk about our day off yesterday.  Today, we read books and talked in length about who Martin Luther King, Jr. was.  We talked about equality and his dream and compared what it was like for a child 40 years ago to how we are treated today.  The kids noticed how different it is today and we thanked MLK for standing up for his rights and making the world a better place. We then came up with our own dreams.  I was extremely impressed at some of their thoughtful responses. Here is a sampling of a few:

"I dream and hope that everybody can have enough food to eat."
"I dream and hope that the sun would shine everyday."
"I dream and hope that people would talk their problems out instead of having wars."
"I dream and hope that everybody could be friends with everybody."
"I dream and hope that all kids could get enough sleep every night."
"I dream and hope that all people will solve their problems by talking to each other."
"I dream and hope that everybody could go to school like me."