Class Picture

Class Picture

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Message from Ms. Hannah - our ELL teacher

Dear Parents,

As you may know, I spend time each week in your child’s classroom, both during instructional times and at morning meeting.  As English Language Learner (ELL) teacher, I work to build students’ proficiency in the four language domains: speaking, listening, reading, and writing.  In addition, I hope to help all students understand and appreciate the linguistic and cultural diversity of our classrooms.  

In the coming weeks, I will begin to use morning meeting time one day each week to teach a greeting in a language that is important to our students and their families.  We also like to learn about the different parts of the world where students and their families have connections and experiences.  We hope you will share some of your experiences with us!



  • Does your family use or know a greeting in another language?
  • Does your family have relatives or connections to another part of the world that we may want to learn about?

   If so, I’d love to talk to you!  You can reach me at:

                                   hannahba@mpsvt.org           225-8226


Please feel free to reach me if you have any questions or ideas!


Thanks,


Hannah Barden
English Language Learner teacher

Union Elementary School