Class Picture

Class Picture

Monday, October 9, 2017

Fall Conference

I would like to schedule a time to meet with you and your child to discuss social and academic progress in First Grade. These conferences will follow the UES model of student-led. For this first conference that will be led by your child, we will provide a lot of support. Your child will prepare for the conference in several ways during the next two weeks. At school, we will be reflecting together about individual strengths and weaknesses. The conference will be a time to celebrate successes, and make collaborative plans for self-improvement. 

You can schedule your conference online for either the afternoon of November 1st or 2nd or during the day on November 4th. I've sent each of you an email with a link to the sign-up form.  I am doing these conferences on google spreadsheets, and therefore can't give you direct assess via the blog.  If you did not receive this link via your email, please let me know immediately, and I'll be sure to get you access to the sign-up. If you cannot access the spreadsheet, let me know and I can find a time that works best for you.


I will send you a confirmation, and a “Hints for Parents to Use at Student-Led Conferences” article. At this time, we will not be scheduling separate teacher-parent conferences. If you’d like specific information that is not answered at the student-led conferences, please call me after this conference and we can discuss your areas of concern over the phone. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!