Class Picture

Class Picture

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Absences

There will be times throughout the school year that I'll be out of the classroom.  When this happens, a guest teacher will guide your child through their day.  Students are expected to follow the same classroom rules. I check in with the guest teacher and follow up with your child about the decisions they make. It is always nice to hear the guest teacher share how hard the students work!  It will help your child on these days to be most prepared by having a conversation with them about the expectations while I am gone.  Of course, I will do the same in the classroom.  I try and let parents know if it is a planned day off.

Throughout the year, teachers need to take professional development days for  a variety of reasons.
This fall, I am going to be taking a course here at Union.  This class will occur on four days - September 17th, September 24th, October 29th, and October 30th.

Also next week, (poor planning by my cousin) I will be traveling to a family wedding in Rhode Island. I will be out of the classroom all day on Monday for this celebration.

I'm encouraging you to speak with your child on Sunday night/Monday morning and then again Monday/Tuesday about how they go about showing C.A.R.E.S. in my absence.  

Thanks for helping me communicate clear school expectations with your child at home.