Class Picture

Class Picture

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Editing

Today in writer's workshop students learned how to edit their writing. Using the skills of revision and proofreading, children used a checklist to ensure their piece was complete. Using the acronym, C.O.P.S., students asked themselves many questions as they prepared their reports for publication.  Each question has been a teaching focus during the last few weeks.


Content:             Did I include a topic sentence for each section?
                                     Did I make complete sentences?
Oooh, Wow:       Did I use spaces between my words?
                            Did I use uppercase at the beginning of each sentence?
Punctuation:        Did I include punctuation at the end of each sentence?
Spelling:             Did I spell my animal’s name correctly?
                            Did I spell all my trick words correctly?

Check out how focused your children are during writing (most of the time!)